is an Associate Professor of Economics at Karachi School of Business and Leadership (KSBL). He has over ten years of teaching and research experience. Before joining KSBL, he remained an integral part of faculty at Sukkur IBA University where he taught variety of Economics subjects. Apart from teaching, he has significantly contributed in administration as Economics Coordinator for Association to Advance Collegiate School of Business (AACSB) and National Business Education Accreditation Council (NBEAC). Further, taking the lead, he launched BS Economics Program at Sukkur IBA University which offers a wide range of specializations and equips students with prodigious academic and practical insights of local and global economies.
Whilst pursuing his MS and PhD at the University of York, Dr. Sheraz developed skills as an empirical researcher and particularly as an applied econometrician. He has published a considerable volume of research at peer-reviewed journals. In particular, his research “Inequality and Composition of Taxes” published in International Tax and Public Finance is well recognized within the community of researchers. His research interests have broadened within the field of political economics particularly and conflict and environmental economics, finance and managerial practice generally.
For shedding light on national and international socio-economic and political economic issues, Dr. Sheraz has conducted and moderated several seminars across the country. He believes in interacting with public and engaging in national and international debates.
Ph.D. University of York, UK, 2016
MSc. University of York, UK, 2012
MSc. Quaid e Azam University Islamabad, 2009
BBA Shah Abdul Latif University, 2005
- “How Technological Advances have Revolutionized Economic Development” in Biz Talk Live Telecast at PTV News, Karachi Centre (January, 01, 2021).
- “Impact of COVID-19 on Poverty: The Response of State and Market” at SZABIST, Karachi (December, 28, 2020)
- “Economic Effects of COVID-19 on Pakistan and Global Economy” at Sukkur IBA University (November, 18, 2020)
- “CPEC and Its Impact on Pakistan Economy” at Shaheed Mohtarma Benazir Bhutto University, Benazir Abad (September, 29, 2020)
- “Political Economy of Global Terrorism” at Sukkur IBA University (October 28, 2019)
- “Why Nations Fail” at Sukkur IBA University ( May 6, 2019)
- “Why Socialism Failed but Capitalism Survived and Succeeded” at Sukkur IBA University ( November 26, 2018)
- Workshop Training, “Case Study method of Teaching” at Business Department, Sukkur IBA University (April 22-24, 2016)
- Assurance of Learning Seminar II, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (December 21-22, 2016)
- IVEY Business School, “Case Teaching and Case Writing Workshop” at Executive Development Center Sukkur IBA University, Sukkur ( September 18-20, 2018)
- Certification, “Case Study method of Teaching” at Rausing Executive Development Centre – LUMS (October 12-14, 2018)
Sukkur IBA University
2016 – Present, Assistant Professor
2010 – 2016, Lecturer
Sukkur IBA University
2020 – Present, Coordinator, BS (Hons.) Economics
2017 – Present, Coordinator, Economics (NBEAC)
2016 – Present, Coordinator, Economics (AACSB)
- Conducted a two-days workshops on “Introduction to Stata” at Sukkur IBA University (March 23-24, 2018)
- Organized a seminar on “National Finance Commission” at Sukkur IBA University ( October 7, 2017)
- Conducted a two-days workshops on “Introduction to Stata” at Sukkur IBA University (March 23-24, 2017)
- Pickering, A., & Sheraz, R. (2018). Inequality and the Composition of Taxes. International Tax and Public Finance, 25(4), 1001-1028.
- Sheraz, R., & Tariq, A. (2019). Government Size and Economic Growth: A Panel Data Study Comparing OECD and Non-OECD Countries. Applied Economics Journal, 26(2), 22-37.
- Sheraz, R., Fiza, Q., & Tariq, A. (2020). Demographic Changes and Direct Tax Dynamics in OECD and non-OECD Markets: A Revisit. Applied Economics Journal, 28(1), 1-17.
- Sheraz, R. (2020). How does Primary, Secondary and Tertiary Education Affect Global Terrorism? Fresh Evidence with International Panel Data. Journal of Aggression, Conflict and Peace Research.
- Sheraz, R., Hussain, A., Tariq, A., Sayema, S., & Noor, K. (2020). How Does Democratic Government with Limited Intervention Affect Environmental Quality? Fresh Evidence with International Panel Data. International Journal of Advanced and Applied Sciences, 8(4), 1-X.
- Sheraz, R., & Tariq, A., Sarfraz, D., & Hassan, S (2020). Economic Freedom, Democracy and Income Inequality. Academic Journal of Social Sciences (Accepted for Publication).
- Aziz, T., Marwat, J., Sheraz, R., & Kumar, V. (2020). Impact of Economic Policy Uncertainty and Macroeconomic Factors on Stock Market Volatility: Evidence from Islamic Indices. The Journal of Asian Finance, Economics, and Business, 7(12), 683-692.
- Ahmed, U., Umrani, W. A., Zaman, U., Sheraz, R., & Aziz, T. (2020). Corporate Entrepreneurship and Business Performance: The Mediating Role of Employee Engagement. SAGE Open, 10(4), 2158244020962779.
- Aziz, T., Marwat, J., Sheraz, R., Zeeshan, A., & Iqbal, Y. (2021). Linkage between US Financial Uncertainty and Stock Markets of SAARC Countries. The Journal of Asian Finance, Economics, and Business, 8(2), 747-757.
- Umrani, W., Sanober, S., Zafar, A., Faiz, K., & Sheraz, R. (2020). Allied Power Solutions (APS): A Decision Dilemma. Case Studies on Contemporary Practices in Management & HR. International Association of Educators and Researchers, Chapter 13.
- Hussain, S., Solangi, R., Umrani, W., & Sheraz, R. Recruiting the Right Research Associate for Case Research Center. Emerald Emerging Markets Case Studies.
- Aziz, T., Marwat, J., Sheraz, R., Zeeshan, A., & Iqbal, Y. (2020) Linkage between US Financial Uncertainty and Stock Markets of SAARC Countries. Journal of Asian Finance, Economics and Business.
- Aziz, T., Marwat, J., Sheraz, R., & Kumar, V. & Al-Haddad, L. (2021). Reassessment of Volatility Transmission among South Asian Equity Markets. Journal of Asian Finance, Economics and Business.
- Sarfraz, D., Sheraz, R., & Tariq, A., Khalil, C., & Niaz, B. (2021). Implicit Change Leadership, affective Commitment to Change, and the Mediating Role of Organizational Trust. Journal of Business and Social Review in Emerging Economies.
- Sheraz, R., Aziz, T., Noor, K., Sarfraz, D., Hassan, S. (2021). How do economic, social and political globalizations affect terrorism? Fresh Evidence with International Panel Data. Journal of Aggression, Conflict and Peace Research.
- Noor, K., Sheraz, R., Aziz, T., Akseer, H., Jahanzeb, A. (2021). Trade Openness and Income Inequality: Fresh Evidence Based on Different Inequality Measures. Applied Economics Journal.