Dr. Faryal Razzaq is an Assistant Professor of Management Sciences at KSBL. She is a seminal academician, a master trainer, research consultant and regularly writes for national newspapers.
In her academia experience Dr. Razzaq has served as a member of advisory boards and has trained faculty and students in leading Pakistani universities including Punjab University, Peshawar University, Greenwich University Karachi, IQRA University, Bahria University, SZABIST, Fatima Jinnah Women University and foreign universities like Asia Metropolitan University, Malaysia and more.
She is also a mentor for National Incubation Centre, Miller Center for social entrepreneurship at Santa Clara University, United States of America, CGI (NUML University), BIC (Bahria University), SEED and Khudi, a women empowerment project. She is the founder of The FEEEL®, Framework of Emotions, Ethics, Empowerment and Life skills, Pakistan’s first digital company working on emotional preventive care through self-help coping strategies.
She is also a scout/influencer for Amazon Web Services, approved silver tier trainer for Google signature #IamRemarkable workshops and an independent consultant for British Council, United States Embassy Islamabad, CWS, Act alliance Asia Chapter.
Dr. Razzaq completed her Ph.D. in Management Sciences HR, from Bahria University, Islamabad, Pakistan.
- PhD, Management Sciences (HR), Bahria University Islamabad, Pakistan
Developing and validating a Scale for Emotional Intelligence at Pakistani Workplace: A Case of Hyper Markets of Pakistan.
- MS, Management Sciences (HR), COMSATS University.
Effective Change Management: A Case of Canteen Stores Department
- Won 2nd runner up SDG Women Challenge Cup Pakistan by NIC, JAZZ, Huawei, Code for Pakistan, and Open Pakistan.
- Selected as one of 20 members across Pakistan for Community Resilience Research Network member for SDPI, International Peace and Security Institute, USA and Creative Learning, USA and awarded two grants worth 1.25 Million PKR
- Semi Finalist (amongst 200 startups across Pakistan) for TiE startup cup funded by US Embassy Islamabad.
- Awarded 5 Copy rights, with IPO, Pakistan.
- Awarded Female Fellowship by Founder Institute, California, and USA for Cohort 4
- Won Merit Scholarship for MS from CIIT, ChakShehzad Campus Islamabad.
- Awarded travel grants twice by HEC Pakistan to present research in Malaysia (2017) and USA (2018).
- Assistant Professor, Quaid-i-Azam University, 11 September 2020- 06 July 2021
- Assistant Professor, Shaheed Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto Institute of Science & Technology (SZABIST- Islamabad) from 09 February 2015 – 10 September 2020
- Visiting Faculty, IQRA University Islamabad. Spring 2017: Research Methods and Skills ( BBA, Fashion &Textile), Compensation management( MS management Sciences). Summer 2017: Compensation Management (MS management Sciences). Fall 2017: Performance Management ( MBA); Human Resource Staffing ( MS Management Sciences)
- Visiting Faculty, SZABIST, Islamabad. Spring Semester 2014: Business Research Methods (MBA 3 _72 Credit Hours), Principles of Management (MBA 1_ 72 credit hours & 90 credit hours). Summer Semester 2014: Research Methodology (MS_ Development studies & Social Studies). Fall Semester 2014 : Advanced Research Methods ( MS_SS &DS), MBA(36 CRH)
- Principal PAF PlayLand Montessori, Sargodha. (Grade 17). October 2001- September 2002
- Consultant for KSBL undergrad program launch and digitization initiative from September 2020 – June 2021.
- Consultant trainer for HRDN for their youth enrichment program at on 27August, 2019 at Lincolns Corner.
- Conducted 4 days training for faculty and MS/PHD scholars in Peshawar University as an independent consultant for Community World Service a consortium of 70 countries under ACT alliance form 20-23 Dec 2017.
- Conducted three days training for Research and SPSS as the main trainer in Punjab University from 23rd March 2017-25th March 2017 for CWS as private Independent Consultant for Community World Services a consortium for 70 countries (ACT Alliance) to conduct research workshops.
- Conducted the baseline study British Council for HEC sponsored research study on Women in Higher Education as Private Consultant in January 2016.
- Won 2 grants from SDPI and creative learning USA 2020 and 2021, for PKR 1.25 million for video literacy training for emotional resilience of primary school kids and anti-terrorism narrative in HEIs.
- Facebook Live 19 sessions conducted for emotional health and Corona for Greenwich University, Change Mechanics, Wecon, Fempreneur, SDG- Academy, SZABIST- Islamabad, The FEEEL, Seerab Maps, volunteers 2 Serve humanity etc from April,2020- May, 2020
- Mentored startups in Bahria Innovation Centre for UNDP-FERP om 12 March, 2020
- Conducted a training for Emotional Resilience for Startups at NUML University, Centre for Global Innovation on 27 Feb, 2020.
- Conducted a training for COMSATS University, Islamabad, Arts and Design department for Emotional Agility on 26th Feb, 2020.
- Conducted an advanced level workshop on, “Stress Management and building resilience” for PAF Officers from13-15th January,2020 for CPD- Air University
- Conducted Training for PAF CWO’s and PDC, Air University for Time and Stress Management from 9-11th Dec 2019.
- Conducted Training for SAARC women portal for Islamabad women chamber Mentored young Women Entrepreneurs for Khudi-Women Empowerment Boot
- Camp, by US State Department, US Mission Islamabad, PEP Foundation and 7 Universities on 9th Dec 2019
- Conducted trainings for PAF Officers 25-27th Nov 2019 for critical thinking.
- Conducted motivation session Pakistan Alliance for Girls Education, for AIM high initiative on 18th Sept.2019
- Conducted training on 5th Sept for LIFT Pakistan and JUMP Start for Emotional Agility in the era of disruption.
- Conducted training for Unites States of America, Embassy Islamabad, on Mental & Emotional Agility for their Youth Enrichment Program on 27 August, 2019
- Conduct training for Google signature #IamRemarkable workshop for Lincolns Corners on 4th September, 2019 (American Centre, Public Affairs Sections, and U.S. Embassy Islamabad).
- Expert Panelist in “HR and People Management: The Agile way in the Digital Era”, organized by #Tech4Good, Maven Logix, Teamup, Colaraz and National Incubation Center on 2nd August 2019.
- Conducted a training on Mindset for Connected Women Islamabad Chapter on 21st June 2019, at Marriott’s Islamabad.
- Conducted faculty development training in SZABIST- Islamabad on Role of Academia in fostering ethical Behaviors, on 16th July 2019.
- Lead trainer for startups in Accountability Lab on 19th April, 2019
- Conducted a full day work shop on Emotional Intelligence at Bilguis Post Graduate College for Psychology department for around 300 participants at PAF base Nur khan on 4th April, 2019.
- Conducted a talk on Women’s Day Special as symbol of women empowerment, at Wecreate, and powered by ,’Be the change” on 10th March 2018
- Conducted a discussion of upside of failure at National Incubation Centre, powered by Dasstan Publisher, Accountability lab and Team up on 20 March 2018.
- Conducted training on Emotional Intelligence, arranged by Learning Curves, Pakistan Youth Association & NISTE Islamabad on 9th February 2019.
- Conducted Training on Scale Development and Validation in Institute of Professional Psychology, Bahria University Karachi on 27th April 2018.
- Conducted pre conference Training in Greenwich University, Karachi on 27April 2018 on Scale Development.
- Resource person for conducting quantitative techniques of data analysis in IBIT, Punjab University, 16 Feb 2018.
- Conducted pre conference training in Asian Multi-disciplinary conference, in Asian metropolitan university, Cyberjaya, Malaysia on 29th Dec 2017.
- Conducted Faculty and Student training as the main training for Leadership Development Centre (LDC), Bahria University on 24th August 2017 for Scale development.
- Conducted two weeks Proposal Writing Workshops for Faculty and Thesis students in IQRA University, Islamabad Campus, in Dec. 2016.
- Conducted Trainings in SZABIST-Islamabad for APA style of Formatting and research writing on 21st May & 27th May 2015.
- Developing a Scale on Employee Involvement and Motivation in Effective Change Management: A Case of Canteen Stores Department, in IBT Journal of Business Studies, Vol 15(1) page 63-74, 2019.
- Effects of Emotional Intelligence upon Gender & Academic Accomplishments, Journal of Contemporary Management Sciences, Vol 4 issue 1, 2019. Page 93-110.
- Exploring effects of learning Styles on the learning outcomes, Published in ‘New Horizon’, 2019, Vol 13, No 1, Page 13-30
- Patterns of learning styles through E-learning in Pakistan, Published in International Research Journal of Arts and Humanities, 2018, Volume 46, no 46. ISSN : 1016-9342
- Measuring Emotional Appreciation at Personal, Interpersonal and Organizational Level in Pakistani Workplace Setting. Published in Bahria University Journal of Management & Technology 2017, Vol.1, No. 2 pp. 14-36
- Paper titled, “A Theoretical Evaluative Study of Four Influential Models of Emotional Intelligence”, Bahria Journal of professional Psychology in 2016, 15(2),pp. 39-62.
- Paper Published in Journal of Business and Economics, ISSN: 2075-6909,Vol 7, No. 1, pp: 28-70titled, Developing and Indigenous Scale of Emotional Intelligence at Workplace
International Conferences Abroad
- Paper titled, “Revised Emotional Intelligence Framework (EQF): An Integrative approach towards universal definition of EQ at Workplace”, presented in conference on emotions and organizational life ‘Emonet xi’ 2018 held in Chicago, USA from 8-9 August 2018.
- Theory and Practice in Scale Development Practices in Management Sciences, paper presented in Asia Multidisciplinary Conference Dec 30-31 Asia metropolitan university, Cyberjaya, Malaysia.
- Paper titled, ”Abdul Sattar Edhi: A role model for Philanthropy” Published in Global Waqaf Conference 2016, in Swansea, Wales, UK. 19th -21September 2016.
International Conferences (Domestic)
- Elements of Employee Motivation and Involvement in Effective Change Management, Paper presented in 7th International Conference on Social Sciences: Challenges of globalization on Afro-Asian countries, Greenwich University, Karachi from 28-29 April 2018
- A Research article, titled, “Emotional Appreciation at Personal, Interpersonal and Organizational Level’’, presented in,” Multi-Disciplinary PhD Conference, 2017″ in Bahria University, Islamabad from 18-19th April, 2017.
- Paper published in ICIBM 2012, held on 4-6 July 2012, in Lahore titled “Employee’s Involvement in Effective Change Management”.
- Paper titled “Elements of Organization Measures in Effective Change Management” was presented at NRC 16 held at SZABIST, Karachi on 11 Dec. 2011.
- Paper titled “A Framework for Effective Change Management in Pakistani Context” published for SIACOM 2010 Conference held on 13-15 July, 2010 in Bhurbun.
- Presented Paper in ELDEC 2009, Islamabad- Learning & Distance Presented Paper in ELDEC 2009, Islamabad- Learning & Distance Education Conference) held in Islamabad Pakistan, on March 30-31, 2009 on the topic of, “Patterns of learning Styles in E-learning Environment” .
- Abstract accepted for Going Global June, 2015 in UK for poster session titled, “Developing Research, Teaching and Learning Skills in Tertiary Education for Technology & Innovation Management across Cultures”.
- Working paper titled “Emotions at Workplace Setting: A Case of Pakistan” accepted in APSEW-The Asia-Pacific Symposium on Emotions in Work life, with an offer of 500$ scholarship in New Zealand.
Mass Media TV appearance as panelist and Daily newspaper publication
- Appeared on Haq TV as emotional Intelligence expert for Workplace in a 2 part series https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=a7NtSENet-A;
- Had an interview from Canadian web channel Aijaz Qureshi Show on, “we need to talk about emotions” on 4 Oct. 2019 https://m.facebook.com/aijaz.qureshi/videos/10212303280937110/
- Appeared on PTV World show, “ World this Morning” for Emotional wellbeing https://youtu.be/5dcp1_DEJFY
- Invited as panelist for World Friendship day and World day against human trafficking on 30th
- July 2019. https://youtu.be/Bd9LY_UECYU
- Invited on PTV morning show “World This Morning” 18pth June 2019 to discuss raising ethical children https://youtu.be/3p8gn9KQOCw
- Called as an expert in Emotional Intelligence in Ramazan transmission on 29th May, 2019 https://youtu.be/fEfAeeVT08o
- PTV world program as expert in emotional Intelligence aired on 14 April 2019 https://youtu.be/M9ZOTF5_GVk
- Article published in Daily times on 8th Feb.2020 https://dailytimes.com.pk/554038/upside-of-failure/
- Article published in daily times on 28th may, 2019. https://dailytimes.com.pk/401974/need-for-teaching-emotional-intelligence-as-acore-subject
- Article published in Daily Morning Mail on 26 Oct 2018 https://morning.pk/story/34454
- Chosen as symbol of women empowerment interview published in Daily Times on 25th August, 2018. https://dailytimes.com.pk/287412/women-possess-moreemotional-intelligence-than-men/
- Article published in Daily Times on 27th April, 2019 https://dailytimes.com.pk/383070/we-need-to-talk-about-the-edification-of-ethics/