Dr. Saima Hussain is an Associate Professor of Marketing at KSBL. She holds a PhD from SZABIST and has more than 18 years of teaching experience at Pakistan’s most prestigious institutions, SZABIST, Iqra University, and Beaconhouse Informatics. She worked as an Assistant Professor and Cluster Head for Statistics and Research at SZABIST, where she was also in charge of establishing links between industry and academia.
She has also conducted several research and software trainings for SZABIST faculty, students, and corporate professionals. As an Assistant Professor, she has taught marketing, information technology, and research courses to bachelor’s and master’s students in Management Sciences, and she has supervised and guided over 200 research projects at the BBA, BABS, MBA, MS, and MSPM levels.
As a Head of Statistics and Research Cluster, Dr. Saima has made significant contributions to the design of research courses for undergraduate to PhD students, as well as created several courses for the Business Analytics elective stream of the BBA and MBA programs.
Dr. Saima Hussain used a strong networking approach to develop and maintain relationships with Agha Steel Industries Limited, Mindshare Pakistan, Foodpanda, and EFU Life to broaden the scope of her curriculum and research. Her academic and business expertise has enabled her to publish case studies on customer alliance, brand management, and customer service in the banking, spice, and food delivery industries. She has also published numerous studies in ESCI and impact factor journals on topics such as innovation, consumer technologies, consumer behavior, and brand management to name a few.
Dr. Saima Hussain is proud to broaden her readers’ horizons and open their minds to new perspectives for growth and improvement with such credible works to her name.
PhD Management Science (Marketing) SZABIST Karachi, Pakistan
MS Management Science (Marketing) SZABIST Karachi, Pakistan
MBA in Marketing Institute of Business Management
BS in Computer Science FAST-NU
Gamification University of Pennsylvania (coursera.org)
SPSS, AMOS, Smart PLS 3.0, NVIVO, QDA Miner Lite, Microsoft Office Suite 2013-2019, Power BI
2011 – 2022
Shaheed Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto Institute of Science and Technology
- 2017 – 2022 Research and Statistics Cluster Head |Shaheed Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto Institute of Science and Technology (SZABIST)
- Feb 2022 – Sept 2022 Focal Person ORIC & In charge of Industry Academia Linkages |Shaheed Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto Institute of Science and Technology (SZABIST)
- 2014 – 2017 IT Cluster Head |Shaheed Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto Institute of Science and Technology (SZABIST)
2007 – 2011
Lecturer and Program Coordinator | Iqra University
Marketing & IT Consultant | ASK Overseas Education Consultants
August 2016 – April 2017
Postdoc Research (Cyber Security Risks)
University of Cambridge – Judge Business School, Cambridge, UK
2002 – 2004
Lecturer | Beaconhouse Informatics (Affiliated with Informatics Singapore and Curtin University Australia)
- Faculty and Students Training on SPSS (Basic to Advance Level)
- Students and Corporates Training on MS Excel (Basic to Advance Level)
- Students Training on MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Access, and MS Visio. (Intermediate Level)
- Faculty Training on AMOS 21.0 (Basic to Intermediate Level)
- Faculty Training on Proposal Writing (Academic Research)
- Online Training of SPSS to Australian Catholic University PhD Candidates.
- Bukhari, F., Hussain, S., Rashidi, M. Z., & Khurram, S. (2022). The Launch of a Local Spice Brand: Fortune at The Bottom of the Pyramid. Asian Journal of Management Cases, 09728201211043168.
- Al Ketbi, R., Bukhari, F., Khurram, S., & Hussain, S. (2022). Strategies to Engage with Involuntary Clients. Journal of Social Work, 14680173221083454.
- Hussain, S., Ahmed, R. R., & Shamsi, A. F. (2021). Technology Confirmation Is Associated to Improved Psychological Well-Being: Evidence from an Experimental Design. Transformations in Business & Economics, 20(2)
- Bukhari, S. F. H., Woodside, F. M., Hassan, R., Hussain, S., & Khurram, S. (2020). Exploring The Motives Behind the Purchase of Western Imported Food Products. A Phenomenological Study from A Muslim-Dominated Region. Journal of Islamic Marketing, 13(2).
- Hussain, S., & Ahmed, R. R. (2020). Smartphone Buying Behaviors in A Framework of Brand Experience and Brand Equity. Transformations in Business & Economics, 19(1).
- Bukhari, F., & Hussain, S. (2020). Alliances Operational Framework, Initiatives and Key Challenges. Asian Journal of Management Cases. Https://Doi.Org/10.1177/0972820119892721
- Bukhari, F., Hussain, S., Ahmed, R. R., Streimikiene, D., Soomro, R. H., & Channar, Z. A. (2020). Motives and Role of Religiosity Towards Consumer Purchase Behavior in Western Imported Food Products. Sustainability, 12(1), 356.
- Ahmed, R. R., Hussain, S., Pahi, M. H., Usas, A., & Jasinskas, E. (2019). Social Media Handling and Extended Technology Acceptance Model (ETAM): Evidence from SEM-Based Multivariate Approach.Transformations in Business & Economics, 18(3).
- Bukhari, S. F. H., Woodside, F. M., Hassan, R., Shaikh, A. L., Hussain, S., & Mazhar, W. (2019). Is Religiosity an Important Consideration in Muslim Consumer Behavior: Exploratory Study in The Context of Western Imported Food in Pakistan. Journal of Islamic Marketing. Doi: 10.1108/Jima-01-2018-0006
- Hussain, S., Qazi, S., Ahmed, R. R., Vveinhardt, J., & Streimikiene, D. (2019). Innovative User Engagement and Playfulness On Adoption Intentions of Technological Products: Evidence from SEM-Based Multivariate Approach. Economic Research-Ekonomska Istraživanja, 32(1), 555-577.
- Hussain S., Qazi S., Ahmed R. R., Štreimikienė D., Vveinhardt J. (2018). Employees Management: Evidence from Gamification Techniques. Montenegrin Journal of Economics, 14(4): 97–104.
- Hussain S., Murad M. M., Atiq S., Salim S. (2018). Stepps Model and Youth’s Online Buying Behavior. Journal of Business & Economics, 9(2), 98-121.
- Soomro, F. & Hussain S. (2018). Role of Employee Training in Enhancing Perceived Performance Through Competencies in Services Industry. Pakistan Business Review, 20(1), 122-136.
- Hussain, S. & Isran M. (2017). Substantive Modeling for Stratagems of Higher Education Competitiveness. Journal of Independent Studies and Research, 15(1), 103-1116.
- Syed, F. A., & Hussain, S. (2017). The Application of Consumer/Brand Engagement Model On Pakistan’s Social Media Consumers. The International Journal of Business & Management, 5(2), 108-115.