Falak Zehra Mohsin is Senior Lecturer at KSBL. She has been working in the field of mental health and psychology for around a decade. She is also the founder and a counselor at Holistic Minds.
She has been actively involved in the teaching, training, supervision and counseling of students since 2014, teaching at different higher education institutes in Karachi. She has taught different undergraduate courses at IBA and also undergraduate as well as graduate courses at IoBM and IPP, Bahria Univiversity.
As a counselor, her main focus is helping individuals discover their strengths and resources for development, empowerment and self-growth. Along with Holistic Minds, she has also been associated with various mental health organizations as well as underprivileged schools.
She is also working with different NGO’s and youth organizations to promote mental health awareness. Having been part of different conferences as a panelist to speak about and encourage dialogue regarding mental health, seeking help and reducing the stigma. She writes articles and blogs often published by Global Village Space on various mental health related topics.
- Master of Philosophy (M.Phil) in Psychology focusing in Organizational Psychology. “Development of the General Emotional Labour Scale (GELS)”. Institute of Business Management (IoBM).
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Psychology, Institute of Professional Psychology, “Procrastination and Impulsiveness”, Bahria University, Karachi Campus
Consultation, Industry & Teaching Experience:
- Holistic Minds: Founder & Counselor
- Institute of Business Administration: Visiting Faculty
- The Talent Games: Assessment Design Specialist
- Institute of Business Management: Senior Lecturer & Student Counselor
- Institute of Professional Psychology, Bahria University: Visiting Faculty
Conferences & Seminars
- Panelist at Workplace Wellness Conference 2020, February 13, 2020 – Murtafiyah, Regent Plaza, Karachi, Pakistan
- Panelist at Youthopia 2.0 –the conference, August 29-31, 2019 – Iqra University, Karachi, Pakistan.
- Panelist at Mental Health Awareness Seminar by First Hand Foundation, March 06, 2019 – SZABIST University, Karachi, Pakistan.
- Panelist at Mental Health Awareness Seminar by First Hand Foundation, January 26, 2019 – NED University, Karachi, Pakistann.
- Panelist at #WECAN Pakistan’s first gender equality based youth mobility conference, January 04- 06, 2019 – NUST, Karachi, Pakistan.
- Ofosu, N., Kulich, C., de Lemus, S., Lorenzi-Cioldi, F., & Mohsin, F. Z. Women’s Leadership Aspirations: A Vulnerable Strategy to Confront Sexism in Female-Male Dyads. Kongress der Deutschen Gesellschaft für Psychologie. Frankfurt, Germany, September 15-20, 2018
- Transgender Acceptance in the Corporate Sector of Pakistan. International Conference on Innovation and Emerging Trends in Education & Social Sciences. May 20-21, 2017 – Karachi, Pakistan
- HR’s Crucial Role in Establishing a Spiritual Workplace. International Conference on Innovation and Emerging Trends in Business Management. May 20-21, 2017 – Karachi, Pakistan.
- Impact of Teachers’ Sense of Self-Efficacy on Students’ Evaluation of Teaching Effectiveness. 3rd International Conference on Education, Social Sciences and Humanities. May 23-25, 2016 – Istanbul, Turkey.
Publications & Research
- Bhamani, S., Bharuchi, V., Ali, N., Ahmed, D., Makhdoom, A., Mohsin, F. Z., … & Sheikh, L. (2021). How Children Perceive COVID-19? Kids Drawings and Perceptions of Parents. Journal of Pediatrics, Perinatology and Child Health, 5(3), 194-203.
- Mohsin, F. Z., & Ayub, N. (2020). General Emotional Labor Scale: Development and establishing psychometric properties. Business Review, 15(1):83-96.
- Mohsin, F. Z., & Ayub, N. (2018). Development of the General Emotional Labor Scale – Urdu (GELS – U). Pakistan Business Review.
- Mohsin, F. Z. (2014). Marital Satisfaction and Job Satisfaction: A study of Dual- & Single- Earner Couples. Pakistan Business Review.
- Mohsin, F. Z., & Ayub, N. (2014). The Relationship between Procrastination, Delay of Gratification and Job Satisfaction among High School Teachers. Japanese Psychological Research, 56 (3), 224-234.
- Ossai, M. C., & Mohsin, F. Z. (2014). Perceptions of BBA Students on the Relevance of Psychology to Business Management: Pedagogical Implications. Pakistan Business Review, 16 (1), 72-94.
- Bhamani, S., Jamil, S., & Mohsin, F. Z. (2014). Gender Differences in Self Esteem in Young Adolescents of Karachi. Pakistan Business Review, 15(4), 704-717.
- Bhutto, Z. H., Mohsin, F. Z., & Niazi, N. (2011). Procrastination and Impulsiveness. Bahria Journal of Professional Psychology, 10, 03-16.